Our Garland Dentist office is conveniently located and accessible via all major roads. We take great pride in offering exceptional services, and utilize state-of-the-art equipment. We have a modern sterilization system that surpasses OSHA requirements.
Our friendly, compassionate and competent staff is dedicated to you and will ensure your comfort and quality care. We offer the best and latest in technology and treatment options. We provide gentle, family-oriented care to the adults and children of our community here and surrounding areas.
We look forward to welcoming you to our dental family. Our office is warm and inviting. You will always be greeted with a smile and treated with utmost dignity and respect. You will play an active role in your treatment and your voice heard when you have questions or concerns.
COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us. Many of you have been forced to wait for dental care during the shutdown period, and we deeply appreciate your understanding while we kept our office closed (except for emergency care) to help control the spread of the coronavirus.
We are happy to say that we fully reopened our office for all patient services on Monday, June 1, 2020. Our hours of operation will be 7:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday.
Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority, and we ONLY fully opened on June 1 because we carefully planned and revised our office procedures to greatly minimize the risk of infection for our patients and our team members. Our own families are also patients here, so you can be assured that we’ll be taking care of you just as well as we’ll be taking care of them.
For your peace of mind, the measures we will be taking to provide a safe dental treatment experience include, but are not limited to, the following:
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- All Patients are required to wear a mask (except during your dental procedure), and will be screened BEFORE entering the office. Temperatures will also be checked. To complete your screening form online (no more than 24 hours in advance of your appointment), click here. Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Our waiting room is temporarily closed. All patients are asked to wait in their cars until our staff invites you to come inside.
- ONLY patients will be allowed entry into the office. Parents and other family members will be asked to wait in the car whenever possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the front desk and throughout the office, including treatment rooms.
- You will be asked to rinse your mouth prior to dental treatment with an antibacterial rinse.
- We will ask that you continue to practice physical distancing measures in common areas of the office, including the front desk.
- The front door and the door between the waiting area and operatories will be propped open all day.
- There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
- All rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and ADA in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
- During patient care, goggles and face shields will be worn by both the doctor and assistant/hygienist.
- All surfaces that come in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant including the patient chair and the accessory chair where the patient placed their personal items.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- We will limit one person at a time at the checkout desk following your appointment.
- After every patient transaction, the checkout desk will be wiped with a disinfectant.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one. We understand that the medical grade safety measures we are taking are extensive, but it is our highest priority to promote and protect the health and safety of our patients and staff. Please understand that these protocols have been carefully put together by a team of medical experts.
To schedule an appointment or ask us any questions you may have about your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (972) 530-7979.
We accept all PPO dental insurance plans. We also accept payment from most PPO and indemnity plans. Please call us to make an appointment and we will answer any questions you may have.
We also offer affordable payment options. We accept all major credit cards, ATM cards, cash, and personal checks. For your convenience, we have arranged a payment plan through a third party, which helps you receive your treatment in a timely manner.